Last Updated May 2018
Our commitment to your privacy
We at Celebrate Messiah New Zealand respect your right to privacy and your right to view and update your personal information which we hold about you. We are committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our site.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
How we use your information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To process orders and donations
- To provide donation tax receipts
- To send you information, merchandise, or updates pertaining to your order
- To enable us to communicate with you about ministry updates, ministry opportunities, or events in your area based on your interests
- To allow you to register and attend an event and to follow up with you after the event
- To allow you to participate in ministry opportunities by applying to volunteer with us
- To provide opportunities for you to partner with us through financial giving, communication, or prayer
- To improve the operations of our website and make your experience more enjoyable
- To allow us to improve our tools, troubleshoot, and maintain our system
Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails or alter your email preferences, we include detailed instructions at the bottom of each email.
How we protect your information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect your personal information from being accidentally lost, misused or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. These include technical, administrative and physical security measures to ensure that any information we collect is stored and processed securely.
For example, if our website requires personal or sensitive data to be collected or displayed, a Secured Socket Layer (SSL) connection is required, to ensure that the data is encrypted as it is transferred to the browser. All credit card payments are processed using PCI compliant technology, to ensure that your credit card number is securely passed to the merchant/service provider. We do not store your credit card details.
We have procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and we will promptly notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach in accordance with our legal obligations.
The transfer and continued retention of any information involve a certain degree of risk irrespective of the circumstances. However, we will do our best to mitigate this risk. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we implement in connection with the operation of the site will absolutely prevent others from accessing or acquiring any information that you provide while using the site. You can help us protect your personal information by properly protecting your password and remembering to sign out of your account and close your browser window when you finish visiting our site, especially if you are on a shared or public computer.
How we collect information
- direct interactions: when you enquire about our activities, engage in an activity with us, make a donation, place an order, use our chat feature, fill out an online form, register through one of our sites or at an event, or otherwise give us your personal information. If you meet with us for discipleship or spiritual advice, we may take confidential notes for spiritual guidance and support. If you prefer that we do not take notes, please let us know. The information you disclose is entirely at your discretion
- third parties or other publicly available sources: we may from time to time obtain personal information about you from third parties and public sources (e.g. a public website or Facebook page). We will only collect personal information from third parties if they have obtained that information in a legal and proper way
- referral of information by individuals. Your name and contact details may have been passed to us by someone you know, who indicated that you might be interested in hearing about our ministry
Types of personal information that we collect
- application data including employment history, qualifications and references, if applicable;
- contact details including email address, postal address, email, telephone number and instant messaging details;
- demographics including information that allows us to better understand who you are and the services in which you are most interested;
- financial data including bank account and payment bank details;
- financial transaction data including details about payments and donations from you and details of products and services you have purchased from us and activities you have participated in;
- historical transaction data including communication history, your past donations, purchases, applications and interactions with us;
- identity data including name, date of birth, gender, marital status;
- information about beliefs and circumstances including religious information; information you disclose about your personal circumstances;
- location data that is information about your physical location, including IP address, and lat/long coordinates and country of origin (where applicable);
- marketing and communication data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and communication preferences;
- requests and preferences including communication preferences, your interests and prayer requests;
- security credentials including username and password;
- system data including information about how you use our website;
- travel information including your travel details, delegate information, dietary requirements, and room preferences.
How we store the information we collect
Generally, we will not disclose or share your personal information (including your email address) with anyone outside our organization without your permission. However, we may need to use or share your information with our partners and agents who provide goods and services to you on our behalf. We take steps to safeguard your information and we have contractual provisions requiring all third party service providers to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with our data protection policies and all applicable laws. We will not allow third-party service providers to use your personal information for their own purposes and they will only be allowed to process your personal information in accordance with our instructions. Your information may be disclosed:
- to other parts of our organization;
- to public or regulatory authorities;
- to third-party service providers
How long we keep your personal information
We keep your information as long as it is needed to achieve our purposes listed above, as well as for the amount of time necessary to meet any legal, tax, or reporting requirements. We will delete your information at your request.
Cookies and information collected by technology
- We use third-party cookies – such as Google Analytics cookies – to keep track of the reports you’re interested in and remarket them to you when you leave our site (as a result, you may see ads from Celebrate Messiah NZ when you visit other websites)
We store this non-personal information for 24 months to help us evaluate the effectiveness of our website. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit our site. For more information on opting out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit this page.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Simply search online for “cookies” + the name of your internet browser (for example, “Google Chrome”) for step-by-step instructions. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience certain interactive features of the site or access all of the services provided through the site.
Embedded content from other websites
Third party links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 16 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 16 years old or older.
If you have questions
You may also want to consult the New Zealand Privacy Commissioner.
If you would like to check your data or delete it, please use our Privacy Tools.
How you can protect your personal information
Your continued use of basic information security protections (such as ensuring strong passwords are set and that these are changed regularly and not shared with anybody) will also help to protect your security and personal information.