At that time the Feast of Dedication took place at Jerusalem. It was winter, and Jesus was walking in the temple, in the colonnade of Solomon. So the Jews gathered around him and said to him, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in my Father’s name bear witness about me, but you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.”
John 10:22-30 ESV
The past two months have flown by, and within days of writing this update, Lord willing, I am to fly out to the States and attend the Messianic Bible Study camp run by Ariel Ministries at Camp Shoshanah. One of the benefits of going to Camp Shoshanah is that I will get to sit through the Life of Messiah course for myself. So this should be a useful reminder.
Camp Shoshanah (2014 during my last visit)
This past term I completed Part 3 of the Life of Messiah course at Broderick Road Chapel in Johnsonville. These events do not happen without the support of many people helping to ensure that each week things run as smooth as possible. I’m very grateful for those folks who helped. The series covered the events just after Messiah’s rejection in Matthew 12 and continued through to just before his Triumphal Entry.
Also, I spoke at my home church at Christ the Cornerstone (1 Peter 2:1- 12). At Mansfield Street in Newtown I was able to an update of what the Lord has been doing through the ministry of CMNZ. Towards the end of the month, I was able to give a ministry update at my home church, as well as share about the work of CMNZ here in NZ with a local Anglican group called the Marksmen.
We continued to work through the Life of Messiah, and I was surprised when we took a break over Queens birthday weekend, that it was the first Sunday in four months that I had not spoken at a church. The Lord had really been giving increase!
I spoke at my home church again on 1 Peter 4:1-11 which looks at what it means to be a good steward of God’s grace. I also spoke at Tawa, where again I was also able to give them a brief update of what has been happening in terms of the ministry of CMNZ.
Life of Messiah Course
- Pray for Nicola and the kids, that the Lord will strengthen and protect them (2 Thess 3:3) while Nigel is away in the States for 6 weeks midway through 2018.
- Pray for our youngest son Levi, who was recently diagnosed with Autism, and our youngest daughter Emberlea, who is also currently being assessed. Please pray for wisdom as we make choices for Levi, that God will help us to choose the best path for him.
- Pray that God might provide an increase in resources so that we can spend more time serving him with CMNZ and less time having to do other self-employment work.
- Pray for the Lord to raise up of suitable people for a small support team, to provide accountability and support for the ministry work that Nigel is undertaking in the North Island.
- Pray for safe travel for Nigel as he flies over to the States on the 6-7th of July and then flies back again on the 12-14th August.
Currently, Nigel is able to be supported for 25 hours a week by CMNZ, as long as God raises up those who will support this work financially. Are you interested in supporting this vital ministry? You can safely donate by direct bank payment, cheque, or credit card. Please choose Nigel Christensen as the Special Designation. All donations will be receipted by CMNZ, and are recognised by IRD for tax credit.