Michael has joined CMNZ!
If you have not heard the news, Michael joined the Celebrate Messiah NZ team in May! While our roles are different, our desired outcome remains the same: “Bringing the message of Messiah to the original messengers, and to equip the Church to do the same”! Michael has taken on the role as CMNZ’s IT Project Manager, overseeing the ministry’s IT needs, including assisting in the launch of Issachar Ministry Training Academy. Issachar’s primary objective is educating and training New Zealand and International Students in understanding the rightful place of Israel in the Scriptures, addressing the doctrinal problem of Replacement Theology, and developing church-planting teams that will remain focused on standing on Truth and standing for Israel within the Christian community. Some of Michael’s main tasks are to help Issachar’s leadership clarify and document the ministry vision, achieve NZQA educational certifications, support fundraising initiatives, and organize the activities required for a start-date in 2019. As Michael made the transition into this new project management role, we both realized that for the first time in our lives, our giftings, passion, ministry, and occupation are all aligned in our work with CMNZ! What an absolute joy!
Despite the new role, Michael’s IT responsibilities do not preclude us from continuing the outreach and training ministries. In April, CMNZ hosted an amazing seminar called “Intentional: A Disciple Making Catalyst”, and we helped organize and plan for the event. Scott Brown lead the seminar, and we had approximately 60 attendees. Ian even assisted us in running the book table! It was a blessed time, and we look forward to our upcoming Simcha conferences in November!
What are we doing?
Generally, we focus mostly on evangelism and outreach during the summer months (the tourist-heavy season of the year), and then during the winter months, we are focused on training: Bible-studies, one-on-one discipleship, and continuing our Concerts of Prayer. We have a long-term goal to conduct Concerts of Prayer in each region of NZ, at least one-two per quarter!
We’ve already planned for and are very soon starting multiple sessions of an introduction to the Jewish Roots of our faith via a Bible study we call “Kesher”. For many (or perhaps most), an understanding of the Jewish nature of the Scriptures is new and unfamiliar. Some are excited, and others reticent, but this foundational course introduces challenging topics and allows time for discussion, questions, concerns and deep interaction. These in-depth discussions provide some of the most exciting growth opportunities for us, and we enjoy getting deep into the Scriptures with others that enjoy doing the same!
To hear more about what’s happening in our family, please sign up for our email updates below.
Answers to Prayer
- Michael is employed! We would never have imagined he would be working for CMNZ, but he is! What a blessing to serve the Lord together in ministry!
- Our son Morgan and his wife, Katie, just celebrated their first wedding anniversary.
- Our daughter Chloe just got an exciting job at a local animal hospital.
- We are in the midst of scheduling Bible studies, prayer concerts and fellowship meetings. Please pray for those attending, that they would be built up and encouraged in their faith.
- Pray for all involved in launching the Issachar Ministry Traning Academy.
- We have begun the steps to apply for Permanent Residency. Please pray for a smooth application process, and for all required documents to easily be compiled for submission.
- Time is short!! Jesus is coming back soon!! Please pray for all Christians to seize every opportunity to share the good news of Jesus with all who will hear!